Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Marshmallow tea - Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Still drinking the marshmallow tea though not the full 32 ounces in one day, I find that 16 or so per day is what I am able to drink. (8 ounces in the morning and 8 ounces in the evening) With all of the other tea that I am drinking right now, I know that I am not getting the full marshmallow experience. I am still fighting the crud, it seems to be on it’s way out though. Tomorrow will be day four of the marshmallow and I think I will try Nettles (Urtica dioica) next.


Before moving on to Nettles, lets see what Green has to say about Marshmallow. Internally, it is soothing demulcent indicated for inflamed and irritated states of mucous membranes. The root is used to treat all inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, including the mouth, gastritis, peptic ulcers, colitis, etc.

  • demulcent - mucilaginous herbs which relax, soothe, and protect tissue.

No comments: