Tuesday, May 3, 2011

An evening with herbal elder Cascade Anderson Geller - Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yet another wonderful opportunity; hearing Cascade Anderson Geller speak at NCNM today. CAG brought some lovely plants to share with us today including, Dandelion, Yellow Dock, Valerian, Cottonwood buds in oil, Chapparral in oil, Fennel seeds, Anise seeds, and St. John’s Wart in oil.

Cascade states the importance of knowing and being connected with the Elements; earth, air, fire and water. These are building blocks that society has been disconnect from. She spoke of fire and how humans are like fire in ways including the need for fuel and oxygen and how we both start young and fragile and grow strong. 
I thoroughly enjoy what Cascade has shared with us herbal students and look forward to expanding my knowledge in these helpful directions. I look forward to connecting with the Elements; respecting and knowing them. 
I am also reminded to eat my greens, which I love and could always experience more of, including Dandelion greens which I tend to over look when making salads.

No comments: