Infection !!! RED FLAGS !!! Wounds
- greater than 104 degree fever
- blood pressure change (learn and know pulse - check every 5-10 minutes; look for slowing, speeding up or lack of pulse)
- RED STREAK up arm or leg that is approaching heart (use marker to mark) **you never want this infection to make it to the heart**
- vomiting or passing blood (may look like coffee grounds) PROBLEM!
- change in consciousness
- suddenly acting different
- increase in pain, persistent pain, or sharp pain
- loss of consciousness **HOSPITAL**
- crushing sensation in chest
- men: jaw or left arm
- women: shoulder blade or nausea
- anaphylaxis: swelling, rash, itchy (throat), heat, family history, allergy, (epi-pen) **instant care** Emergency! History: can get worse each time!
Anti-infective herbs: Sage, Oregon Grape, Goldsenseal, Coptis, Usnea
First Aide herbs: Garlic, Yarrow, Oregon Grape, Lavendar